Tuesday 13 May 2008

Foreigner's guide to Polish Chivalry

"Before coming to Poland, I uploaded CD 1 of ‘Colloquial Polish‘ to my mp3 player, to listen to on the tram. There’s one track where Janet Watson is writing a letter to her friend ‘Droga Susan’ (why she is writing in Polish to a friend with an Anglo-Saxon name is a mystery to me, but for the sake of practice I suppose it makes sense). She says:

- Polacy są miłe. Kobiety bardzo ładne, i męszczyny uprzejmi.

There we have it. The girls are gorgeous and the men are… uh… polite."


And I posted the rest of it here

(on Polandian)

1 comment:

Aymeric de Poyen said...

Bonjour,

C'est une très bonne idée ! Je compte rester en Angleterre jusqu'en septembre, et j'ai l'intention de m'entraîner régulièrement avec d'autres élèes de Westminster qui sont installés à Londres. On pourrait pratiquer tous ensemble...
Tiens-moi au courant !
Mon email est interpreterstobe@gmail.com