Monday 9 November 2009

Mobistar

I've been using Mobistar for my mobile phone (including mobile internet) and home broadband - both essential for my business - since I got here, and it is the least reliable telephone company I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with. (Incidentally Mobistar is part of Orange, or the France Telecom Group and I have to admit that Orange UK are slightly better: this is to neutralise the fact that the pedants among you will probably point out that they are one and the same thing and therefore it can't be the worst company I've ever used, etc.)

For starters, the internet connection quality is rubbish. The speed of streaming at home is appalling: you can't listen video speeches in any language and YouTube is a write-off.

On the mobile, I can only connect to the web via 'Orange World', which is constantly on the blink, meaning my mobile internet service is unreliable to say the least.

And finally you simply can't get through to Customer Service. I've actually got up during a Mobistar call, walked to the Mobistar shop on Rue de Tongres, and still been on hold on arrival (although that's only about ten minutes).

Bizarrely, every so often someone from Mobistar will call me, for some unfathomable reason, with some totally irrelevant question about how I am enjoying my subscription. I tell them it's pants, and they inform me that a customer service representative will call me back in a few days.

They never do.

Mobistar, your service is crap. Call me.

10 comments:

wyderkat said...

Pinolona, take a deep breath. Now, count from 1 to 9999999. Everything will be OK:)

pinolona said...

No, no - you're supposed to be a Mobistar customer service rep calling to apologise profusely and offer me a massive discount for the rest of my contract!

Laura said...

Phones and internet are a source of so much frustration to me too.

1. Why aren't phones included in the price of contracts???

2. Why does my internet always go down for a couple of days at the end of the month??? God damn you, Belgacom.

Maybe you could ask the Mobistar CS just on the off chance that they know anything? I presume they're all somehow related...

pinolona said...

1. - I know!! My contract is known as the 'iPhone 30'... and yet where is my iPhone?! It's all So Unfair...

2. I don't have this problem but it does mysteriously go on the blink at other times (especially on my phone - which drives me nuts because I'm then glued to the computer doing nothing just in case work comes in).

If I ever get through to Mobistar, I'll ask them (although my phone is working again now, phew)

Laura said...

LIFE is sooooooo unfair sometimes.

Although I do have an iPhone :P

pinolona said...

dammit!! I want an iPhone! (and a pony)

Norman said...

Here's an iPhone:
http://www.allegro.pl/66373_iphone_3gs.html
and a pony:
http://www.allegro.pl/item789575852_konik_kucyk_kon.html

There's no need to thank me...

pinolona said...

Norman :D
wielki dzięki!!

pinolona said...

It's actually quite frightening that some of the iPhones cost more than the pony...

Norman said...

Pino, as I said: there's no need to thank me. I'm just doing my job of saving the day...

P.S. Proszę Cię bardzo! :]